Thursday, September 26, 2013

I did it! + Other Updates

Hi, everyone.
It's been a while. I apologize.
But.... Quite a few things have happened since I've last posted.

Just a few:
I got promoted.
I made an awesome lasagna that I'm still dreaming about.
I ran a half marathon.

Important Note:
Yes -- I drug my body from Point A to a Point B approximately 13 miles away, finishing the Navy Air Force Half Marathon in DC two days before the fatal shooting at the Navy Yard. Incredibly humbling to run it with wounded warriors and dedicated civilians -- who -- at the time -- had no idea just how much we stood with the Navy. God Bless our Armed Forces both here and abroad.

Readers -- I do not love you any less.
Nor have I been eating any less.
In fact, I've been taking lots of pictures as you can see on my Instagram (so expect an onslew of recipes!) Not only that, but I have NOT fallen prey to the fall temptation at the grocery store yet (I'm sure I could eat a pumpkin-flavored sock if presented to me the right way, perhaps on a plate with an acorn pattern.) Austin has challenged me to eat everything I've been storing in my kitchen (guilty: I'm a "Cabinet Culprit") before going to the supermarket -- and I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking the course. Not only am I saving loads of money -- but its keeping me on my culinary toes and making me experience different combinations of flavors like I'm opening a basket on Food Network's Chopped (tonight for dinner, I made my own soup from fat free chicken broth, a black bean burger, edamame beans, and diced bell pepper.)

Just one last update -- add me on MyFitnessPal at @neilsonnata!

xoxo n

No comments :