Sunday, March 16, 2014

Side Note: My Roll in Eating Out


I know the struggle -- you eat healthy during the week, and when you're out on the weekend you feel the sudden liberation of "hell yea, what's on the menu tonight???" since you didn't cook it. Trust me, I've been there.

Now, I know there's something to be said for eating out and having fun. What I am saying here is that it's important to keep it in (nutritional) reason. I've had the cheeseburger at Shake Shack, but next time I'm deciding to "let loose", I'll ask myself "ok, Natalie -- do you want the fries or the shake?" It's all about moderation.

With that being said, Austin & I went to sushi at our first-date spot, Wok N' Roll on H Street, this past weekend. Instead of getting my first-date dish -- the fried-then-slathered Orange Chicken, I opted for not one but three rolls of sushi. The catch was, I got them with vegetables. Yes, vegetables -- a shiitake roll and two avocado rolls -- each about 150 calories. Chock full of vitamins, nutrients, and healthy fat.

This meal made me feel indulgent (while still healthy) and more importantly -- it made me feel full.
Can I get an Amen!?

Bottom line: Try to "let loose" while keeping your pants tight. It's easier and more delicious than you think.

xoxo n

No comments :