Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles w/ Cheesecake Centers



Remember when I said (when setting up this blog) that I would post the occasional unhealthy (yet wonderful) recipe? I wanted (and continue to want) Table Haven to reflect how a truly healthy life is. While even with the best intentions, anything (even healthy eating) followed 100% is unhealthy because it festers obsession and rigidity -- which, in my opinion, is mentally unhealthy.

Cookies filled with cream cheese? TO-DIE-FOR!
I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles on Pinterest (link here) and I just had to try. They were absolutely wonderful, and I made enough to bring some to work and share with Austin and his housemates. A coworker of mine said "I don't like pumpkin, cheesecake, or snickerdoodles, but all together these are AMAZING!" This past week, Austin mentioned that his housemate is still talking about the cookies, and is asking me to make them again while she "will even buy the ingredients!"

The only change I made when following Alyssa's (the writer at therecipecritic.com) recipe is I found it hard to work with the dough and stuff with the cream cheese mixture -- it was way too sticky. What I did instead was roll the dough in the sugar mixture first, so i could flatten it into a circle, then add the cream cheese. Then I would do the same with the top circle, and it was then easy to roll the circles into a ball.

Either way, this recipe was a hit! I thank Alyssa and other experienced bloggers for posting such great content and being such great role models for younger bloggers. Happy fall, everyone!

xoxo n

No comments :