Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Where's Waldo?

Now, its safe to ask where in God's name I've been these past few post-less weeks. And it's completely fair. I have been missing in action. But, to my credit, it's been just that -- ACTION. So much has happened in my life in the recent past that I must share with you all, my support -- here virtually on the blog and on social media, as well as physically thru coworkers, family members, and loved ones. (I love you guys! -- keep asking me for recipes or how to chop garlic; it brings a smile to my face!)

So, with no more delay, some updates:

Gala time! I loved this dress!
1) A NEW JOB
Starting at the end of this month, I'll be moving from a financial role at my company to a consulting role! I'm looking forward to trying something new -- coming face to face with our federal clients is such an exciting thing!

2) A NEW APARTMENT
This week, I'm making the move from my Washington, DC apartment to a 2BR in Arlington -- not as Carrie Bradshaw as my old place, but I'm excited to be able to walk to work and enjoy the new scene. Plus, I'm living with my friend Lucy!

3) A SHOUTOUT
I've been a WELLO user over the past few months (a website where you can take fitness classes with a trainer via webcam,) and they put my testimonial on their blog! I'd say check it out here ASAP!

4) A GALA
Austin's fraternity (Phi Beta Sigma) turned 100 on Jan 9! It was founded at our beloved Howard University in 1914 and now has hundreds of thousands of members. It was really fun to be styled by my fabulous friend Lori Witherspoon of LL Styling, dress up, and attend the Centennial Gala and be part of history. And, honestly, I loved that people could tell I've been eating healthy ;)

5) A BETTER RELATIONSHIP
It sounds cheesy, but since visiting Houston for the holidays, I've started a habit of going on walks and listening to worship music -- I breathe deeply and look at the trees -- what God has made. When I can't have my "faith walk," I'll listen to my Kari Jobe pandora station on my commute. I've always believed in God, but lately I feel an intimacy with Him -- I know that he truly orders my steps, and it's a great feeling!

6) A NEW PARTNERSHIP
Hanging with family on New Year's!
One of my old college friends, Michelle Williams McAllister, has started a fitness blog called The Gym Bag Diaries! In a few weeks, we'll be doing a collabo with great workouts & healthy recipes you can whip up in a snap, and I am so excited! Welcome to the blogosphere, Michelle!

7) A NEW WEIGHT
Since last fall, I've lost approx 13 lbs. Healthy eating, people. Follow me on MyFitnessPal at @neilsonnata. Let's do this!

8) PEACE OF MIND
A lot of amazing things have been happening in my life lately, and all I can do is be grateful. Between my faith walks, and knowing I have great people in my life, I cannot help but be grounded in why I am here on Earth. I am here to glorify God in everything I do -- in every day -- and He will show me His grace. When you live your life to bring glory, even when you don't get the results you want, it's not as tough of a pill to swallow because you know you did it whole-heartedly. With that being said, its time I started using Table Haven as a way to bring Him glory. I know the Lord did not give me this knowledge of my kitchen to keep it bottled up inside, no matter how busy I get. To start off, here's three recipes to get us back on this journey together.

Honey Mustard Baked Chicken with Thyme (link here)
Easy Mexican Chicken (link here)
Roasted Broccoli with Sea Salt (link here)


xoxo n

No comments :