Monday, April 28, 2014

Effortless Raspberry Key Lime Pie


There's a certain recipe that's near and dear to my heart -- and that's key lime pie. It was the first thing I could make myself that people complimented me on -- I was 12 in a church garage sale and was selling it for $1 a slice -- it was gone in 15 minutes!!! I don't even remember where I found the recipe (it was 2002, lord have mercy) but I distinctly loved it because even though I didn't have the palate for it at the time, every adult that tried it loved it (now I know what they're talking about!!) Even to this day, it's still a big hit at every cookout! 

One adult loved it in particular -- my mom, who's been on my side long before that garage sale! So in honors of Mother's Day, I finally have mustered up the courage to put my cards on the table and show my "secret" recipe that I've kept since 2002. It's so easy that it'll knock your socks  off -- and you can make it FAT-FREE. YES, FAT-FREE, and it'll taste the same because the flavor comes from the FRUIT. In the summer, I take blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries, toss them with a little honey & water, and heap them on top. Trust me, you'll enjoy -- as well as everyone else.

Servings: 12

What You'll Need:
  • 1 tub fat-free Cool Whip
  • 6 limes (4 if you prefer a sweet pie vs. a tart pie)
  • 1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 store-bought graham cracker crust
  • Look at my beautiful, fit mom -- fresh from her workout!!
  • 1 container fresh raspberries
The Step-by-Step:
  1. Juice the limes in a large-sized bowl.
  2. Take 4-5 raspberries and mash them really well into the lime juice with a fork.
  3. Using a whisk, mix the cool whip and the condensed milk into the raspberry juice mix.
  4. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
  5. Arrange the other raspberries on top, and place the pie in the freezer for at least an hour and a half.
  6. When you're ready to serve, let the pie sit on the counter for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
  7. Enjoy!!

This one's for you, Mom!
xoxo n

No comments :